Livonia Public Library is overseen by a volunteer board of nine appointed members. Library Board of Trustees serve a five year term.
Current Board members are:
- Mary(Mae) Sharman, President – term expires 2017
- Sally Collins, Vice President – term expires 2020
- Patricia Genthner, Secretary – term expires 2021
- Karl Hanafin, Treasurer – term expires 2020
- Maureen Reynolds, Trustee – term expires 2021
- Irene Turner, Trustee – term expires 2019
- Brian Donnelly, Trustee – term expires 2018
- Denise Cendoma, Trustee – term expires 2018
- Christine Cruso, Trustee – term expires 2018
The Library Board is also responsible for establishing library policy.
There is a liaison between the Library Board of Trustees and the Livonia Town Board. In addition to attending the town board meetings, this person also attends the library board meetings. The current Livonia Town Board liaison is Angela Grouse.
The board meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month in the local history room at 7:00pm (except June and July).