Guidelines for Borrowing & Use:
- Hotspots may only be checked out and returned at the Information Desk. DO NOT RETURN THE HOTSPOT IN THE BOOK DROP or to another library. Patrons will be given one warning if hotspots are returned in the book drop or another library. If it happens a second time, patrons will be charged $25 if hotspots are returned in the book drop or another library. If hotspots are placed in the bookdrop or returned to another library a third time, patrons will be barred from the program.
- Borrowers must be at least 18 years of age, have had a valid Library Card for at least 30 days and be in good standing with the Library (with a current address/phone on file and no outstanding fines over $5.00).
- Borrowers must read, understand, and sign the Hotspot lending agreement at the Information Desk in the presence of a library staff member EVERY TIME the Hotspot is checked out.
- There is a 7 day checkout period for Hotspots.
- They may not be renewed and must be available to others for at least 48 hours before the same address holder can check them out again.
- Borrowers, along with a library staff member, will verify that all accessories are present at the time of checkout and check-in (case, device, power adapter, SIM card, instructions.)
- One borrower per address.
- The hotspot must be returned with a minimal battery charge for the check-in inspection.
Fines & Liability:
- When the Hotspot is 1 day past due it will be deactivated, rendering the device unusable.
- An overdue fine of $1.00 per day, up to $5. $80 will be charged for a hotspot that is not returned.
- Patrons are responsible for full replacement cost of the device or any parts if lost, stolen, damaged, or otherwise not returned. The complete replacement cost for the Hotspot is $80. Individual accessory replacement fines are as follows: Case -$20.00, USB Power Cord -$10.00, SIM Card -$25.00.