Guidelines for Borrowing & Use:
- Hotspots may only be checked out and returned at the Information Desk. DO NOT RETURN THE HOTSPOT IN THE BOOK DROP or to another library.
- Borrowers must be at least 18 years of age, have had a valid Library Card for at least 30 days and be in good standing with the Library (with a current address/phone on file and no outstanding fines over $5.00).
- Borrowers must read and understand the Hotspot lending agreement (copy included with each mobile hotspot).
- There is a 7 day checkout period for Hotspots.
- They may not be renewed and must be available to others for at least 48 hours before the same address holder can check them out again.
- Borrowers, along with a library staff member, will verify that all accessories are present at the time of checkout and check-in (case, device, power adapter, SIM card, instructions.)
- One borrower per address per check out.
- The Hotspot must be returned with a minimal battery charge for the check-in inspection.
Fines & Liability:
- When the Hotspot is 7 days past due it will be deactivated, rendering the device unusable until it is returned.
- An overdue fine of $1.00 per day, up to $5. $80 will be charged for a hotspot that is not returned.
- Patrons are responsible for full replacement cost of the device or any parts if lost, stolen, damaged, or otherwise not returned. The complete replacement cost for the Hotspot is $80. Individual accessory replacement fines are as follows: Case -$20.00, USB Power Cord -$10.00, SIM Card -$25.00.